Occupational health and safety legislation is applicable to all businesses in various industries, as provided for in section 8(1) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), 85 of 1993: “Every employer shall provide and maintain a working environment that is safe and without risk to the health of his/her employees”.
If a business does not comply with health and safety rules and regulations, or cannot identify potential risks in the workplace, it can lead to unnecessary injuries, fines, penalties, property damage and even death. What’s more, while investigations take place, the business will suffer immense damage, not only to its production and sales, but ultimately its reputation as well.
It is important to know that the employer is not expected to assume sole responsibility for the health and safety of employees. The OHSA is based on the principle that hazards in the workplace must be addressed through co-operation and clear communication between the employer and employees. Both employer and employees must proactively identify risks and develop control measures to make the working environment safe.
Implementing innovative Health and Safety solutions in the workplace.
With the implementation of health and safety regulations, business owners find it challenging to integrate health and safety into their business objectives and organisational activities. Business owners don’t always have the time and required expertise to develop, implement, monitor and maintain a comprehensive health and safety system.
At SERR Synergy, we recognise the impact that these challenges have on business owners and their employees. With this in mind, we have designed an OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY PROGRAMME with tailor-made options to suit different business needs. We provide a wide range of health and safety services to businesses that are committed to full compliance with health and safety regulations.
- We specialise in the development, implementation and maintenance of a health and safety compliance programme for Principal Contractors and Agents (Construction and Mining sites), Sub-contractors (Construction, Transport, Chemical and Petroleum industries) and General Industries such as farms, agricultural schools, retail stores, hotels, warehouses, restaurants, etc.
Due to COVID-19, the workplace as we know it has changed radically and businesses cannot simply return to work as usual. In terms of the Covid-19 Workplace Regulations published on 30 April 2020, employers must ensure that workplaces comply with the regulations before commencing business in order to provide a safe working environment for their employees.
- We provide a comprehensive Covid-19 compliance service that includes the Covid-19 Assessment Plan, Workplace Protocols and Policies, Daily Screening documents and Checklists.
OUR VALUE-ADDING OHSA SERVICE SOLUTIONS
As part of our service delivery, the following documentation, policies and procedures are developed and provided by SERR Synergy:
- Comprehensive Needs Analysis
- Health & Safety Policy
- Occupational Health & Safety Plan (only Construction) and extended Occupational Health and Safety Plan for all other industries
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Method Statements
- Safe Operating / Work Procedures
- Induction Training Manual set-up / Start-up procedure and annual revision
- Registers and Checklists for equipment, material and monitoring
- Appointments, with appointee responsibility descriptions
- Training Needs Analysis / Matrix
- Toolbox Talk Guideline
- Industry / Work-specific talk topics
- Workmen’s Compensation Letter of Good Standing
- Signage Evaluation / Identification
- Access to guidance on Occupational Health and Safety and regular updates by a team of highly experienced, practising professionals, ensuring that our clients are applying up-to-date and relevant information at all times
- Introduction to Cloud-based Integration System
- A comprehensive Covid-19 compliance service that includes the Covid-19 Assessment Plan, Workplace Protocols and Policies, Daily Screening documents and Checklists etc.
Please note that we offer Occupational Health and Safety training courses through our Training Department. Visit our Training and Skills Development Programmes webpage for more information.
Have a Question on OHSA Compliance?